"Crack!" ; pg. 8 ; Onomatopoeia "...flew slowly and gently like snippets of newsprint floating down through the air..." ; pg. 9 ; Simile"...I had been feeling like I'd been in a fight." ; pg. 17 ; Similie"He felt like a rag in my arms." ; pg. 28 ; Simile
Asking me to sit down while I delivered the Sunday message, was like asking an Italian to talk without using his hands.-Simile
"Her routine manner told me she did not feel our urgency, and inside me, a rocket of anger went off." -p. 31; Hyperbole
"His face a tiny moon in the stark hallway." -pg. 36 Metaphor"The waiting room ticked with a pregnant silence." -pg. 42 Personification
"Time dragged, the minutes moving at the speed of glaciers." -p. 42 Metaphor
"'Jesus just went up and down like an elevator.'" -pg. 72 Simile
"We slept like shipwrecks on their first warm, dry night." pg.50 Simile
"I could see wheels turning behind his eyes." - Hyperbole
"Sea anemones that looked like underwater blossoms."- Simile
"Crack!" ; pg. 8 ; Onomatopoeia
ReplyDelete"...flew slowly and gently like snippets of newsprint floating down through the air..." ; pg. 9 ; Simile
"...I had been feeling like I'd been in a fight." ; pg. 17 ; Similie
"He felt like a rag in my arms." ; pg. 28 ; Simile
Asking me to sit down while I delivered the Sunday message, was like asking an Italian to talk without using his hands.-Simile
ReplyDelete"Her routine manner told me she did not feel our urgency, and inside me, a rocket of anger went off." -p. 31; Hyperbole
ReplyDelete"His face a tiny moon in the stark hallway." -pg. 36 Metaphor
ReplyDelete"The waiting room ticked with a pregnant silence." -pg. 42 Personification
"Time dragged, the minutes moving at the speed of glaciers." -p. 42 Metaphor
ReplyDelete"'Jesus just went up and down like an elevator.'" -pg. 72 Simile
ReplyDelete"We slept like shipwrecks on their first warm, dry night." pg.50 Simile
ReplyDelete"I could see wheels turning behind his eyes." - Hyperbole
ReplyDelete"Sea anemones that looked like underwater blossoms."- Simile
ReplyDelete