Thursday, November 17, 2011

Passages:


Which passages are significant in the book? Why? Quote the passage, give the page #, and explain the importance.

5 comments:

  1. "Most important of all, I learned I am heard. We all are. I had been a Christian since childhood and a pastor for half my life, so I believed that before. But now I knew it. How? As the nurses wheeled my son away screaming, 'Daddy, Daddy, don't let them take me!'... when I was angry at God because I couldn't go to my son, hold him, and comfort him, God's son was holding my son in his lap." (p. 84)
    This passage is talking about how Todd felt when Colton told him that Jesus was answering his prayer by bringing Colton back to life. He was amazed that God would answer him even after he yelled at God. This passage is also a lesson to us that God does hear our prayers. Even when we think he isn't listening, he is. God knows our plan and will answer our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "'So you saw Pop?' I said. 'Yeah, I got to stay with him in heaven. You were really close to him, huh, Dad?' 'Yes, I was,' was all I could manage. My head spun. Colton had just introduced a whole new topic: people you've lost, and meeting them in heaven." pg. 86

    This passage is important because it reveals that you do indeed meet your loved ones in heaven. This can give comfort to people who have been left behind by their relatives, and is a testimony of the joy of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "As we watched, Colton reached up and grabbed Harold's hand. It was an E.F. Hutton moment. Everyone watched intently, listening. Colton peered earnestly up into Harold's face and said, "It's going to be okay. The first person you're going to see is Jesus." pg. 119

    This passage is showing how Colton was brought up to Heaven to become a messenger for God. The thought of dying is scary to everyone, but for this man someone was there to calm him down and reassure him that everything will be okay. This is also reassuring for the readers because we now know that there isn't anything to worry about when we die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I made a mental note for future sermons: Akiane's story showed that God can reach anyone, anywhere, at any age- even a preschool girl in a home where his name had never been spoken." pg.143

    This passage shows how God can come into anybody's life whenever He wants to, and He will change that persons life. Even if the person had never heard of God, God can still let them know he is real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Ever since this happened, I think more about what it might really be like in heaven. I accepted the idea of heaven before, but now I visualize it. Before, I'd heard, but now I know that someday I'm going to see." -pg. 150

    This passage shows how a relative described their feelings towards heaven after hearing Colton's story. It shows that this story assures people that Heaven is a real place and that God welcomes all there.

    ReplyDelete